Re: Cutting Springs

From: Ian Spencer (ian(at)sunbeamalpine.org)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 15:46:15 CST

Here's how I cut my springs:
If you look at the top flat part of the spring, you will see where the flat part
of the coil comes to a stop. I cut it right at that point, so that the scrap was
simply the top flat ring. This was done with a high speed cut off wheel. I then
took a grinder and put a flat back onto the top of the spring. If you need, I can
try to make a drawing for you. - Ian

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Harrington Alpine B9104782 OD HRO