Re: timing cover removal

From: Greg Locke (glocke(at)ihug.co.nz)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 11:51:50 CST

Hi brian,

If you need to get real drastic, I once removed a stubborn front bolt by
putting a good fitting socket wrench with a pipe on the handle on it and
rotating the engine clockwise till the handle was just about to hit the main
front crossmember. Then with the coil disconnected, giving the engine a
flick on the starter motor.

If any other listers have some serious doubts as to the soundness of this
method. please intervene, but it did work for me.

Greg