Re: P76 Crankshaft and various followups

To: "sandm" <sandm@eisa.net.au>
Subject: Re: P76 Crankshaft and various followups
From: dkern@napanet.net (David Kernberger)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:50:59 -0800
>you  might find that small block chev rods can be used in this conversion.
>
>simon

Thanks, Jan, Peter, Simon, Sandm, & others for many responses to the P76
crank question.  Thanks for the education on the concept of rod:stroke
ratio.  The mention of piston side-thrust was not new to me but the idea of
combining it all into a single number was.  Peter--in your first sentence,
did you leave out a second number?  Was it 1.7 ?

Thanks for the deck height spec.  I do not have the tools to measure it
myself.  I have made numerous inquiries on this and nobody else could tell
me anything.  It is either a closely-guarded secret or nobody else cares.
Can anyone either confirm or deny Peter's number?

The Prostroke kit sounds great but it is way out of my price range.  It's
beginning to look like I will probably end up using the stock Rover crank.

Thanks, Peter, for the spreadsheet offer.  I use a MacIntosh computer and
rather doubt your program would work on the Mac.  Do you have any idea if
it will ?

New question--What is the maximum practical bore size on a 3.9 block using
the original liners?  More specifically, could it be bored as far as 3.736"
to accomodate the Chevy 305 pistons of that diameter?

Cheers,

Dave