RE: Buick - BMW?

To: "'Kent Christensen'" <lkchris@uswest.net>, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Buick - BMW?
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:49:27 -0800
It"s funny you mention the early-50s aluminum engine experiments.  I seem to
remember two Buick "dream cars" from the early 1950s, one was called the Le
Sabre (no relation to the production car) and one was called the XP-300.
These were typical GM "futuristic" looking cars built for the Motorama shows
around 1950-53.  I read somewhere that one of them was powered by a 215ci
all aluminum V-8.  Whether this one was related to the later Buick Special
engine, I have no idea.  I believe the Le Sabre still survives, and has
appeared in several documentaries on dream cars.

Cheers,
Paul Kile
1974 Factory MGB-GT V-8