Re: Buick - BMW?

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buick - BMW?
From: Damien Haas <damienh@defcen.gov.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:19:49 +1100
Yes, I have 'read' that rumour. I think I might have mailed you
something on it a few years back... The problem with owning 20 years of
car magazines is FINDING particular articles.

IIRC the aluminium V8 was a BMW design from - and im not sure abt this -
war reparations that GM carted home after that small European skirmish
of 1939-45. 15 years later, they look for a 'new' engine and they have
this lying around. Of course, I may be totally wrong...

Damien