Re: Buick - BMW?

To: "KILE, PAUL D" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com>, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buick - BMW?
From: Kent Christensen <lkchris@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:31:58 -0700
Those are the Buicks Hardcastle writes of.  He calls those engines 231.7 cu in
and says they were supercharged and had hemispherical combustion chambers and
300 hp.  He goes on to mention a 1955 alum V6 with single overhead cams that was
developed in 1958 into a more conventional (but still aluminum) V8 of 253 cu in
that most directly led to our favorite V8.  The book is ISBN 0 85429 961 0.

I did then remember to look up two old articles on the engine, and the Road &
Track article does state the BMW engine was "evaluated" during the design
period.  The two articles:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/215eng.html
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/215_v8.html