Re: Greg/Micke/350 vs. 300 crank, etc.

To: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>, V8 <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Greg/Micke/350 vs. 300 crank, etc.
From: Mikael Olofsson <micke@alcom.aland.fi>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:49:02 +0200
Thans Greg for putin out our previus conversation, I had too much to do
at work at that time to do it myself.

Hi David,

As far as I know it works fine to align-bore the 3,5 block. At least my
mechanic have ordered a firm to do it for us. Before doing the fine bore
(align) we did a corse bore with a cylinder-bore machine. it was down to
a size a little smaller than the size of the 300 crank bearings. That
was to be abel to try the machined down 350 crank in the block and se
how it worked.
After testin that we have send the block away for align-bore.
Unfortunatly my friend the mechanic is out on a freigtship working for
one month more, so I can't give you all details right now. When he comes
back I will put him in touch with you/the list.  He is the mastermind
when it comes to engines, I'm just a novice in engine-building. I just
try to ceep my Range Rovers fit for off-roading, they are falling apart
for me to often.

regards,        Micke