transmissions

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: transmissions
From: "" <james_nazarian@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 21:41:29 -0500 (EST)
 Gents, I sent a question to the mgb-v8 list recently and someone recomended I
send it here.  I have an mgbgt-v8 that I built with an olds engine with the
optional F-85 4speed and bellhousing.  I am looking for a 5-speed to replace it
with, the standard conversion transmission is the GM T-5.  I was wondering if
there is a drop in replacement 5-speed to replace the factory T-10.  It is not
inconcevable to replace the T-10 with a T-5 but I have already built in the
T-10 and would like to save my crossmember, driveshaft and other adaptations to
fit the T-10.  If anyone knows of a bolt in replacement I would love to know.
Thanks in advance,James