Re: transmissions

To: james_nazarian@excite.com
Subject: Re: transmissions
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 00:29:12 -0500
>I have an mgbgt-v8 that I built with an olds engine with the
>optional F-85 4speed and bellhousing.  I am looking for a 5-speed
>to replace it with, the standard conversion transmission is the
>GM T-5. advance,James

Why not use the Rover 5 speed? The earlier models require deliberate
shifting but the recent model called the R380 is beefier and slick. They
give you a wide range of bellhousings to choose from as the unit is/was
used in many cars.

An old unit and housing will cost you about $550 from Autogear in
England and a new R380 and housing will cost you $1500 from Rpi.