Re: Fixed my Tach light and...oh noooooo!!!

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu
Subject: Re: Fixed my Tach light and...oh noooooo!!!
From: tomph@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:29:54 -0500 (CDT)
Hi,

<snip>
>        Now my water temp and my fuel gauge do not work??  I grounded the
>sender lead and got nothing. I filled the gass tank and got nothing..  Are
>these two gauges fed power from the same wire or something??? Would this
>power lead be anywhere in the vicinty of the tach light??
>        Help!!! I am stumped.

My guess would be that you knocked a wire off the instrument voltage
regulator. It's a small rectangular (roughly 1-1/2" x 1/2") unit that's
mounted under one of the bolts that holds the steering column up. Has two
spade connector terminals on it.

>        I was going to be sooo excited. Everything on my car was going to
work.
>All the gauges, all the lights everything...darn it

Hang in there. It's just around the corner or under the dash, as the case
may be. ;-)

Tom P
Hicksville NY