Re: Head Question

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Question
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:23:45 -0700
Gently, Tom, gently,
        lest you have interference problems between your head and valves.  I
learned the hard way that you CAN bend a valve by rolling the engine
over by hand.  I admit, now, when I can blame youthful indiscretion,
that I was less than gentle with it...
        A similar trick is to leave the washers off the bolts and see if the
bolt will touch the head.  (just for measurement, of course, finger
tight)  This is a less- invasive way to find out if the PO knew what he
or she was doing when the head was reinstalled, as you can leave the
gasket in place...
Toby