The bump stops?

To: Datsun Roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The bump stops?
From: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:09:12 -0700 (PDT)
I am now a little lost in this thread on bump stops.. I just am recaping
for myself, the question was what to do if you have them on, being how
much rubber you should trim off to get better travel inthe suspension.
Does this go for both front and back?

Next question how long does it take aprox. to change out the rear leaf
springs?  If it is only a few hours then it seems to me that trying out
the comp springs is no big deal other then buying them.  Put them on
Friday night go out sat and drive the car like its never been driven, come
home count the number of fillings left and then decide if sat night you
put the old stock ones in.  If you leave the comp springs in then tackle
the shortening of the bump stops, and please relay this amount to me\rest
of the group so There is a common distance people can go by.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.
Eric

| Eric R Wittinger                             |
| Pacific Northwest National Laboratory        |
| NSD Radiological and Chemical Sciences Group |
| Web page            www.ee.pdx.edu/~wittiner |
| Email               wittiner@EE.pdx.edu      |
| Email (work)        Eric.Wittinger@pnl.gov   |