Re: History of this list

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: History of this list
From: bill/liz wessel <bwessel@itis.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 00:33:49 -0500
Ahem....

I'm sorry to have to correct you Tom. Though you and I and Suze are about
the only ones left to know, I think it was I who started this thing long
ago.

I would copy and send out the messages to the handfull of folks whose
addresses we picked up mainly through the DRA (Ross Mullen-produced
bimonthly, then quarterly, then no-more ;-( newsletter).

I remember, I think, Roger Garnett suggesting that what I wanted to call
the SPL/SRL list was abit too obscure....hence, the datsun-roadster list we
all know and love (a little too much sometimes....now that the daily
traffic has grown to ~30 messages!).

I asked Mark if he would provide space for the list on his server after my
grant was cut from the university and I had to change jobs (no more
e-mail). I knew I was leaving it in good hands. Was not able to get back on
until about 4 years ago.

We do owe you and Mark a great debt of gratitude for keeping it going.
Enjoy the ride, baby....

Bill Wessel
Madison, WI
'68 1600, '69 2000,