NEW OWNER! and door spring blues!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: NEW OWNER! and door spring blues!
From: Jim Bunte <jimbunte@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:39:37 -0700
hey everyone:

this story should ring a few bells.

i've had this h-on for a while to get a roadster. i go to the solvang
meet and check it out, take a bunch of pictures, and today, i wake up and
decide i'm gonna go look at some roadsters. so i go through recycler.com
and find a few in my price range, and i call. a few visits later, i find
one i like, and i make the deal. as that idiot dick vitale would say,
BOOM BABY!

so i drive home, EVERYTHING'S GREAT! the car runs strong, as i knew it
would and we rock all the way back to LA from the inland empire. as i go
to get out of the car when we pull into the driveway, the doorhandle
won't work. we try from outside -- NOTHING!

and then i remembered a recent discussion about this problem -- the
coiled-flat spring that somehow comes off and is a bitch to get back on.

naturally, i deleted these notes. can someone forward me this info, or
better yet, a diagram of how that spring goes back on?

of course, nothing bothers me right now  -- not even the door! thanks in
advance for the help.

jim

Jim Bunte
American Eagle Entertainment Inc.