Re: NEW OWNER! and door spring blues!

To: "Jim Bunte" <jimbunte@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NEW OWNER! and door spring blues!
From: "Construction Alberta News" <gbush@connect.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:45:28 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Bunte <jimbunte@earthlink.net>
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 10:16 AM
Subject: NEW OWNER! and door spring blues!

>hey everyone:
>
>this story should ring a few bells.
>
>i've had this h-on for a while to get a roadster. i go to the solvang
>meet and check it out, take a bunch of pictures, and today, i wake up and
>decide i'm gonna go look at some roadsters. so i go through recycler.com
>and find a few in my price range, and i call. a few visits later, i find
>one i like, and i make the deal. as that idiot dick vitale would say,
>BOOM BABY!
>
>so i drive home, EVERYTHING'S GREAT! the car runs strong, as i knew it
>would and we rock all the way back to LA from the inland empire. as i go
>to get out of the car when we pull into the driveway, the doorhandle
>won't work. we try from outside -- NOTHING!
>
>and then i remembered a recent discussion about this problem -- the
>coiled-flat spring that somehow comes off and is a bitch to get back on.
>
>naturally, i deleted these notes. can someone forward me this info, or
>better yet, a diagram of how that spring goes back on?
>
>of course, nothing bothers me right now  -- not even the door! thanks in
>advance for the help.
>
>jim
>

>Jim Bunte
>American Eagle Entertainment Inc.
>www.ameri-eagle.com

I'm the one that had the problem with the door spring a few weeks ago. Let
me know if you get it straightened out, because I still haven't been able
to. Wrecking my seats by crawling in and out, but like you am still loving
it.

I've got a line on an old mechanical here that worked for Nissan in the late
sixties, so I'm going to see him the weekend. I'll let you know if and how
he fixes it.

Grant Bush
1968 1600