Re: NEW OWNER! and door spring blues!

To: gbush@connect.ab.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NEW OWNER! and door spring blues!
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:18:37 EDT
In a message dated 04/27/1999 10:51:15 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
gbush@connect.ab.ca writes:

<< I'm the one that had the problem with the door spring a few weeks ago. Let
 me know if you get it straightened out, because I still haven't been able
 to. Wrecking my seats by crawling in and out, but like you am still loving
 it.

 I've got a line on an old mechanical here that worked for Nissan in the late
 sixties, so I'm going to see him the weekend. I'll let you know if and how
 he fixes it.

 Grant Bush
 1968 1600

If you guys still can't get the springs back on and IF that's the problem, it
would be a lot easier and faster to just buy a used one from one of our
regular suppliers. I have a feeling that if the spring has come off and you
get it back on, there is something worn on the latch that will make it come
off again.
Hope this helps....

Joseph