Re: caliper rebuild

To: "Sochoux, Stephan" <SSochoux@dbc.com>
Subject: Re: caliper rebuild
From: Kevin McDonald <kevin.mcdonald@dev.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:19:39 -0500
Sochoux, Stephan wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> Questions:
> - The cylinder wall has a rust ring 2/3 up from the bottom. The wall
> doens't
> appear to be pitted. When I run my finger, i can feel a ridge but
> looks like it can be rubbed off.

I bought new seals and a brake hone and worked mine over pretty well. As
the stones on the hone started going away I realized it was hopeless
since there were still pits showing and bought 4 new calipers, new
interconnect lines, new rubber brake lines, and the
heavy duty firewall brace.

I'd go ahead and hone them and see what you get as a new set
will run $250. If they clean up well then you can order seals.
Ktm