Re: V6 again

To: DemonTSi@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: V6 again
From: Kevin McDonald <kevin.mcdonald@dev.tivoli.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:59:58 -0500
DemonTSi@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/28/99 12:34:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> jhatfield@cavemen.net writes:
>
> << The VG-30 from the 300z will work as well. >>
>
> The gearing between the truck and 300Z trannies is significantly
> different
> also, I believe. So you'll get a different feeling depending on which
> V6
> engine/drivetrain combo you decide to go with.
> Just some more FYI....  :)

The Truck uses a small 1 into 6 plenum. The 200sx uses a mid size
6 into 6 plenum. The 300zx uses a large 6 into plenum which requires
that the engine be moved forward of the firewall for clearance.
The 200sx exhaust manifolds may clear the steering box in the roadster
but maybe not (they clear in the 510). The experts are on the bluebirds
list (510 list). There are articles in the past issues of the Dime
Quarterly. If you need info on the DQ issues Tom Walter should be able
to help.
Ktm
69 2000
72 510