Re[2]: Front Bearings & Brake pads '69 2000

To: Robb Pynes <robbpynes@continet.com>,
Subject: Re[2]: Front Bearings & Brake pads '69 2000
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:26:55 -0700
Hi Robb & Bob,

1. How much do these races cost? And how much are the bearings?

2. Remove the two bolts holding the caliper assembly in place, and then
slide the whole thing off. Then you can use a C-clamp on the old pads
against the pistons before removing the old pads. If careful, you can
do all this without opening the hydraulic line. If you unbolt the brass
hydraulic junction from the wheel, you can set the whole caliper
assembly on the floor while you work on it. The one thing to look out
for, is if there are washers behind the two bolts. They may be there to
properly center the calipers on the wheel. Centering is a good thing!

Fred - So.SF