Re: autocross results

To: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Subject: Re: autocross results
From: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:14:21 -0700 (PDT)
HI List,
A note as to why the roadsters place low on the PAC list is the morning
session (the one we ran in) was wet, and i mean wet, puddles in the
corners and all small holes held more water then thought possible. The
afternoon session had a nice dry track, well even the second half of the
morning session had a 75-95% dry track.  What kind of difference did this
make you might ask... well in the dry the slowest cars were around 62-60
secondsand the fastest cars around 45sec (formula ford cars), where in the
wet the fastes cars were maybe 55sec and the slowest
in the 70's sec.  but boy was it fun and a great learning experience to
drive hard in on wet pavement, and there were plenty of impressive spin
outs by those larger american v-8's.

And as for the the race car, it will be out next month, it would have been
out last weekend for a break in, but due to the large hole in the radiator
I thought best to hold off.

Eric