Re: Getting Hurt

To: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Getting Hurt
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:55:46 -0500
Many, many years ago I had a friend, Crazy Tommy,  with a blue 1970 440
Roadrunner. He and another friend of mine were doing a tune up on it when it
backfired through the carb and burnt all the hair off his face - eyebrows,
lashes and a good part of the hair on his head. Fortunately he wasn't hurt
too badly and had no scars. I don't think any of us would play with a car
w/the airfilter off again but I had no problem as the Roadster I had at the
time was sidedraft although I do remember getting a nasty backfire many
years later trying to start a parts car w/ether. No hair loss but a hell of
a scare.

Mike