Re: O.T. - Z Concept--Blahhhhhh

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: O.T. - Z Concept--Blahhhhhh
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:14:02 -0600
>I did like the little video clip they had on the Z history set to music.

At least it would appear that Nissan's aware of the significance of the
older cars and the activity of the Z clubs. I agree that the new car
leaves a lot to be desired. Even when I was much younger and more nimble
I thought getting in and out of a roadster with the top up could be a bit
awkward. New cars with the extremely angled a pillars are a real PITA.
I'd like the looks more if there were more appearance similarities to the
240Z. Price is also going to be a critical factor. I'd say it would need
to stay in the $25K to $35K range to sell in quantity. If it's well into
the $40k range I don't think it'll sell in large enough quantities to
significantly improve Nissans net profits.

On the other hand the new SE-R is very nice. A lean balanced profile with
just a hint of a three box design rather than the one arc jelly bean
design that everyone else seems to be going to. With 180 HP and a six
speed box plus 4 doors, it should give the Civic Si coupe some major
competition if the price is anywhere near the Si's $17K.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
ronnie_day@acd.org