Rust question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust question
From: "Mark Haverly" <mhaverly@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:15:41 -0800
I have started stripping my '69 2000 (finally).  Lurking on the list I have
noticed comments like "rust in all of the usual places".  What are those
usual places?  I was suprized to find a fair amount of rust on the flat
surface in the trunk (under the liner), with very little in the side areas
(by the fender wells).  It wasn't even where the spare goes, it was to the
right.  There is also rust under the batter tray; the sheetmetal flaps a
little.  Are these common areas?  Can someone demystify for me?

If it helps, the car has been in Northern California its entire life.

Thanks for the help!

Mark Haverly
'69 2000
Sacramento, CA