Re: one more thing

To: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: one more thing
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:16:32 -0600
Pam & Paul Bauman wrote

>The second involves the horn. I can either get the horn to be always on or
>always off. I'm in the computer biz, but gee, this kind of binary action I
>usually reserve to mahines with computers in them! I followed the sequence
>of parts installation from the parts amnual (I thought) but no matter what,
>it is either no horn or all horn, all the time.
I had a similar thing happen, and it turned out that the wire in the
steering-wheel hub (I have a '70 with the big hockey puck cushion)  was
out of place and being squeezed between parts so that it either
interfered with contact or grounded out. the button and contact by
pushing them together on the opposite side.

-marc

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX