Re: one more thing

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: one more thing
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:53:54 -0600
>>Paul:

>>The second involves the horn. I can either get the horn to be always on or
>>always off. I'm in the computer biz, but gee, this kind of binary action I
>>usually reserve to mahines with computers in them! I followed the sequence
>>of parts installation from the parts amnual (I thought) but no matter what,
>>it is either no horn or all horn, all the time.

>Marc:

>I had a similar thing happen, and it turned out that the wire in the
>steering-wheel hub (I have a '70 with the big hockey puck cushion)  was
>out of place and being squeezed between parts so that it either
>interfered with contact or grounded out. the button and contact by
>pushing them together on the opposite side.

Paul,

I'm guessing when you say on or off you mean if you feed the horn circuit
power by inserting a fuse, then the horn sounds continuously? If that's
the case you may have a short between the horn and the horn button on the
steering column. I don't remember if the roadsters isolate the horns
physically from ground and run a separate ground wire or if they complete
the circuit via the horn body. Do they switch the 12 volt side or the
ground side of the circuit? On the later cars many of the circuits are
switched on the ground side. Pat, Gordon, Tom, someone help me out here.
I'd want a wiring diagram so I could literally start at one end of the
circuit and trace my way to the other end.

Hope that helps a little anyway, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
ronnie_day@acd.org