Re: Racecar Lightening

To: <SPL311RDST@aol.com>, <CalSpeed@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Racecar Lightening
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:38:41 -0500
Not only does the coolant warm the intake for better vaporization it also
cools it when the intake gets real hot such as idling or stuck in traffic.
The only time I think it is desirable to remove the coolant lines is when
the car is raced.

I removed my coolant lines from my 240 and it ran horrible when it was cool
outside as the gas dropped out and it ran like sh*t. I reinstalled the lines
and it ran much better. I also vapor locked in the summer and after
reinstalling the coolant lines again it ran much better.

Maybe your results will be different but I doubt it but you should try it if
you so desire.

Mike