Re: Stolen Roadster

To: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>,
Subject: Re: Stolen Roadster
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:38:38 -0400
Eric,

Sorry to hear about your loss. It happened to me too about 10 years ago but
fortunately the ass*oles who tried to take it probably didn't know about the
manual choke and couldn't keep it running but they did dent my rear quarter,
ruined the starter motor and battery and slashed my interior.

I also had a restored 240 stolen and that was even in worse shape when I got
it back.

It taught me a lesson not to get too close to a car if you know what I mean.
To me they are appliances and I would get upset if my Roadster, 240 or Miata
were stolen I wouldn't freak out like I did before.

I hope you get it back in one piece and I hope it was insured. FWIW, it can
always be replaced.

Mike