RE: Stolen Roadster

To: gsglasgow@home.com
Subject: RE: Stolen Roadster
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 00:22:28 -0000
Guys,
I know this'll sound a little "after the horse has bolted"
but I seriously recommend you fit an immobiliser to your car.

Make sure it has all black wiring, at least 2 cut off points, and is NOT
activated by a simple switch.  An electronic key or transponder is the way
to go.  Mine cost me less than $200, Australian.

However, make sure that the people fitting it do not drill any holes in the
car - they shouldn't need to, and the LED can be fitted to a bracket that
can be screwed in to one of the screw holes of that panel under the dash
(for more recent cars, anyway - I don't know the dash layout for the "flat
dash" models).

My car has been broken into twice (not hard to get into a convertible, is
it?) and had the plastic side window in the soft top melted a little with
some jerk's cigarette lighter.  But it hasn't been stolen, yet.

Sorry to hear the bad news.  Hope you get it back okay.

Cheers,

Steve
('68 2000 Solex)