Re: Three guys and a roadster

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Three guys and a roadster
From: Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 19:09:53 -0700
Andrew,
When I cleaned my frame.  I used Gunk...no punch.  Wussy stuff.  Then I got
serious and I used about 6 cans of Easy Off Oven Cleaner (lemon sented and no
after taste) and about 4 cans of spray on Aircraft Paint Remover (didn't taste
it). I was trying to remove 34 years of baked on grease, oil and Arizona dust.
This was serious dirt, it was over a 1/4" thick in places and hard as a rock.
Oh, I also used a 2,700 psi pressure sprayer to blast all the nasty goop off the
frame.  After alot of fun, that sucker was clean. For both the cleaning and the
painting  I used an engine hoist to tilt  the frame 90 degrees on its side.
Then used POR 15 to make it nice and shiny.  Plenty of past comments on the pros
and cons of POR 15.  I like it. Just don't get it on you ar anything else you
don't want permanently black.  Oh, I also used their engine paint.  Great
stuff.  Someone recently asked me why didn't I just get the frame sand blasted.
I was speachless....and miss out on all that fun!
Guy
67.5 Stroker in Progress (finished the the linkage for the Solex Carbs this
weekend)
Tempe, AZ