Re: A warning about tune-up specs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A warning about tune-up specs
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:46:23 +1000 (EST)
Some weeks ago I asked some related questions for my
car (thanks heaps to all that replied) as my idle was
poor, front plugs were fouling and so on.  I finally
found someone who seems to know what they were doing
to look at the car with me every step of the way (one
of the best free lessons I've had on my car so far,
wow).  The result was that the dwell was way out at
near 60, timing at 10 degrees, carbs unbalanced, and
the wrong plugs in there too - essentially because I
had previously let someone I did not know work on the
car.

Anyway, my car has R16 #R57544, original SUs, original
hitachi distributor, stroked to 2L with H20 bits, and
I don't think it has any smog stuff.  16 degrees is
right for it.

Marko
Sydney
1964 1500 with stroked R16 and 720 ute 5spd (my
roadster version of lego)

_______________________________
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:11:43 -0700
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>

It could be more than timing.  There are probably 1/2
dozen things that
will
make it idle rough.  My first suspect is a balance
between the carbs.
have never heard of anyone talk about it.  It is too
difficult to do
when
you know how to do it.  To try to explain it over this
media would be
hard
enough with someone that knows what I would be talking
about, and I
could
not even try with someone that knows nothing about
carbs.  Then again,
it
may not even be that balancing the Carbs is the
problem.
Pat