Re: a few quirks (read: problems)

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, christopher-dunn@home.com,
Subject: Re: a few quirks (read: problems)
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:51:41 EDT
Guys:

Lets try this again,
In my hands I am holding the 90 degree adaptor off of my 67.5 1600. No matter
which end I turn clock-wise the opposite end turns counter clock-wise. That
is the only way it could work, since there is only 1 worm gear inside. This
must mean that the pad on the transmission turns counter clock-wise, and the
adaptor corrects the direction of rotation to the speedo. I can't say if the
5 speed works the same or not. (Have not had the pleasure of pulling one
apart just yet, but if fate is kind I will get my chance.)

Hope this helps.........Jon
                               Huntington Beach, Ca
                               67.5 1600 with adaptor removed