Well, my first test drive has me in tears :-(

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Well, my first test drive has me in tears :-(
From: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:26:28 -0400
After 2 months of work, I finally got my roadster ('69 2000) on the road.  I
bought it after it was sitting for 12 years.  I have had to repair the fuel
system to get it running.  Then, I went to work on the brakes.  Rebuilt or
replaced all of the brake parts.  During the time I was waiting for parts and
such I was cleaning this and that.  Anyway, I took it out today, and have
several issues I need to deal with but need some help on.  First, it seems
that my lug nuts keep coming loose, even though I keep tightening them hard
after each trip around the neighboorhood.  Second, I redid the back brakes,
and repacked the back bearings, but I am hearing a thump thump sound from the
rear wheels as my axle turns.  I hope it's just the old tires on the back, but
they don't look warped or ready to pop or anything.  Lastly, and most
frustratingly, is that my accelerator seems to be sticking.  This is making
shifting and, well, accelerating a problem.  It's like I can't gradually
accelerate, it's an all or nothing deal.  I have WD40'ed the linkage by the
pedal, and all of the cable areas, and the connection to the carbs, but can't
figure out why it keeps sticking.   Sorry to ramble on, but I want to get this
darn thing on the road so I can drive it to California.  Any help on these
issues would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Woody
'69 2000
Clearwater, FL