Re: Well, my first test drive has me in tears :-(

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Well, my first test drive has me in tears :-(
From: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:23:59 -0400
Thanks for all the responses:

1) as far as the lugs...the wheels are stock, so size is not an issue, and I
really torqued these babies down.
2) It's possible that the rear wheel is not true.  I am planning on getting
new rims in September, so hopefully this will not be an issue
3)as for the cable.  I have checked the pedal area out and it looks good,
although I have not removed the cable, but I will do that.  The return of
the pedal is not the issue, only when I press down. Normally, you would
lightly press the pedal and the engine would rev, but with mine, I press and
press and press (not super hard mind you but more than should be enough) and
then it gives to the floor and super revs the engine, causing for lurching
in my forward motion (although i'm getting rubber in those gears :-)) The
carbs are after-market solex's so I don't know much about them, but like I
said the return doesn't seem to be a problem.  Thanks again peeps.