Tip for shrunken tonneax (was: Tonneau Cover Question)

To: ronday@home.com
Subject: Tip for shrunken tonneax (was: Tonneau Cover Question)
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:37:00 -0000
Hi guys,

I've got the orginal tonneaus for my car, but they've shrunk somewhat, and
the full tonneau certainly won't fit anymore - here's the advice I've got
from the local roadster guys:

On a really stinking hot day (assuming you get those) lie the tonneau out on
hot concrete (most driveways would do the trick) water it down with a hose,
and use a stiff brush on it - give it a good scrub.  (Let's face it, it
probably needs it if it hasn't been used for a while - I know mine is a
little mouldy).  Hose it again, let it dry, and repeat.  The alternate
cooling and heating, as well as getting the crusty dirt/mould etc. will get
the vinyl stretched out, and pliable again.

Or so I'm told (I'm entering winter now, so I'm going to have to wait...)

Cheers,

Steve
68 2000 Solex