Re: ADQ needles

To: plhbauman@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ADQ needles
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:02:26 EDT
Hello Paul and everyone else,

       I am a few days behind on the e-mail thing, so I am a little late. A
couple other things to check would be valve clearance (.017 hot) and
timing/dwell. They don't like to idle well if they are off. Check the
throttle shaft bushings, try wiggling and squirt a little carb cleaner or
WD-40 on them while the engine is running. Using a timing light make sure
your timing is stable (distributor shaft wear). The suggestion about the
throttle plates in backwards is something to check. Are you coming to Shasta?
I plan to bring all my carb tuning toys and a set of freshly refurbed early
1600 carbs. Also a couple sets of ADQ needles.

                                                       keith williams