ADQ needles

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: ADQ needles
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:19:19 -0700
I had Keith Williams send me a set of new carb needles last week. Due to
reality getting in the way Friday (work) I was unable to get over to have
them installed by Bill Meyers. SO, I decided to try and do it myself.
Forearmed with all the Hitachi SU carb HOWTOs I could find (and some BMC
Carburettor stuff as well!), I put the needles in and made a long-overdue
attempt at carb balancing.

I must say, the ADQ needles really do make a difference! I still can't get
her to idle at less than 1500RPM without bouncing around, but the mid and
high end power is there, perhaps even a little smoother than before. I
checked #1 and #4 spark plugs and they are no longer sooty and black and it
doesn't smell like a refinery when I back up through the exhaust fumes. I
know I probably have something messed up, but it's running leaner. Maybe the
tach will not be racing the gas gauge anymore :)

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311