Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt

To: ambradley@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:37:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
        When I had a stud that wasn't budging I used lots of liquid
wrench for like a day before hand and kept tapping the  stud with a rubber
mallet. Tap tap spray tap tap spray.  It loosedend up and I was able to turn
it with a set of vise grips loocked on firmly.  There is another product
out there called an x-out which is some kind of reverse threaded drill bit
which will back the bolt out...have not tried them but they got good reports
in a couple of mags.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA