Thanks for your help!! More is needed!

To: 9laser3@bright.net, bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com, ckrobertson@hotmail.com,
Subject: Thanks for your help!! More is needed!
From: "Phil&Tracy Ellenbecker" <bredatsun510@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:26:18 -0700
I would to thank you all for your support on my project to show Peter Brock
that there would be sufficient interest in a book he would write. I am
amazed at all the responses I have received in such a short time. I am
currently gathering up a list of all the Datsun clubs and all other
interested websites asking if they would help me in my quest to gather
interested people. By listing what I am trying to accomplish and my email
address. This will greatly speed up my goal to 5000 people. I would like
your continued help by forwarding my email to all interested parties or by
word of mouth. All help will be greatly appreciated! It has also been
brought to my attention that the book should cover a broader subject. I
thought this would make it easer for use to reach our goal. I think it
should include the BRE Datsun 240z?s,BRE Datsun Roadsters, BRE Hino Contessa
900 & 1300 Coupe, BRE Hino Samurai Prototype that never was aloud to race,
and also the famous BRE Datsun 510?s. Also including his involvement with
Carroll Shelby.

I also have compiled this list of items that a true BRE fan should not be
without.

Aug 17-19 at the Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races at Laguna Seca for
the first time all the original 2.5 Trans-Am cars will be aloud to
participate. John Morton and the Famous BRE Datsun 510 he drove to the
championships in 1971 and 1972 will be there. I believe this will be the
first time it has been raced in 30 years. I have heard that Nissan North
America has had the car restored back to race conditions. You can visit
Laguna Seca?s web site at www.laguna-seca.com Tickets are available at
1-800-327-SECA. It is $90.00 for Friday threw Sunday. It is a small price to
pay to see history. If everything goes right, I plan to go to the races. For
all you people who can?t show up I plan on taking many pictures of John
Morton and the BRE 510 in action. I bet Peter Brock will show up also.

Then there is the 30 minute movie Nissan released years ago called ?Against
all Odds?. This is the best footage you will ever see. I have seen no other
footage of the BRE 510?s in action Contact Rex Jennett about purchasing the
movie. 650-961-1618

There are also two books that are available out there that have great
information and pictures. I would highly recommend these two. I have them
both.

?The Stainless Steel Carrot? by Silvia Wilkinson. It has been out of print
since the early to mid seventies. You will have to find it at www.amazon.com
or www.abebooks.com. I got mine at Amazon. It took about 3 weeks to receive
it and cost me almost $60.00.  I almost cried when I got the book. The
sticker on the inside of the book from 1975 said ?two books for $.99?. It
was well worth the money spent.

Dave Friedman wrote the book ?TRANS-AM The Pony Car Wars 1966-1972? was just
published in 2001. I bought it at Barns and Noble bookstore for $40.00. This
book covers all of Trans-Am racing in the early years. There are 252 pages.
One whole chapter is on the 2.5 Trans-Am cars. There are a lot of
spectacular pictures of the BRE cars in action. This is the only book I have
ever seen with the BRE 510 cars in. THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!

I thank you very much for taking the time to read this and forwarding it to
all friends. This is for a great cause. It is to preserve a little piece of
history that means a lot to so many of us. It would be sad to lose all this
great information.

Sincerely,

Phil

bredatsun510@hotmail.com