Re: exhaust options

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust options
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:13:21 -0700
Dave:

On my 2000 I run a glass pack situated approx in the middle
of the length of exhaust pipe, with a SuperTrapp muffler at the end,
poking out just beyond the rear bumper.

The SuperTrapp is tunable by installing or removing end plates.
When I want to be loud and have good full throttle response,
(hillclimbs & auto-x) I install 10 or 12 plates in the SuperTrapp.
When I want to cruise around town without attracting the local police,
I remove all but 4 or 6 of the plates in the SuperTrapp.
This doesn't provide as good full throttle acceleration,
but it makes the car quieter.

Make no mistake, in either configuration, this is NOT a quiet setup.
But I would rather listen to the exhaust than the radio anyway....... :>)

John Atchison
Idaho Falls
69 2000