Re: Spark?

To: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Subject: Re: Spark?
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 20:23:23 -0700
The Hall effect transistor that mkes the pertronix is nothing more than
a very efficient magnetic switch. The fact that it generates such a
spark is done by the fact that it creates the maximum rise time within
any coil and it looks like a true square wave on a scope. I was warned
not to use a super coil or such as it generates enough energy to follow
even the smallest track within the dizzy cap and will even burn a hole
in same. If you drive a GM with an HEI ignition you may be familiar with
this failure also. Although the pertronix will run on as little as 8
volts, the best spark is created at a full 12 volts.

Ron