Re: Miata Seats

To: darylsmith@telus.net
Subject: Re: Miata Seats
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:52:08 -0400 (EDT)
Funny you should ask.  I just put some in my 67.

Here's what I did:

1. Ground the rivets off the pins with a dremel, and pulled out the
pins.

2. Bent the front tabs flat (sorta)

3. Drilled out where the pin was to accomodate a 7/16" bolt

4. Lined the outside bolt holes with the ones on the floor pan

5. Drilled for the inner bolt holes (Iknow, I know)

6. Gotta bunch of washers to lift the seats just off the floor
(bottom of seat was below seat rails after bending)

7. Bolted 'em in with a huge (3") plate washer and lock washer

8. Tried 'em on.  Sweet.  Haven't hooked up the speakers yet.

Hope this helps, you fellow BC roadsterite.  Hope you didn't pay more
that $175 for the seats though - that's what I got mine for in
Chilliwack.

Cheers

Dave
67 2000