Re: Motor & transmission

To: "Greg Burrows" <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Motor & transmission
From: "Thomas - Sweden" <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:41:37 +0200 (CEST)
That Taurus SHO engine, wasn't it made by Yamaha? If so it has
some "ties" with the Roadster. By the way, a Swedish automaker will
come with a "narrow V" V8 model (4400cc & 320 hp) of their SUV next
year. This V8 is made by Yamaha. SUV's have a "habit" of ending up at
junkyards pretty early in their life so if somebody is looking for a 32
valve V8 with less width than the usual 90 degree...

Thomas

Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>:

> Hey Andy, about that Quad 4... my neighbor told me that they do make
a RWD
> trans
> that will bolt up to it, as he was considering it for one of his
hotrod
> restorations, just to be different.  He understood that they can be
> modified to
> produce some good power too, not that 180 is bad!  When I was looking
for
> V6
> motors for my wife's car I too strongly considered the SHO.  The
biggest
> problem
> I saw was that the intake would probably have to be cut into the
firewall,
> and
> draw cold air from the cowl vent (kinda cool though... cowl
induction!).
> Also,
> that cool intake system they used makes the motor pretty tall up
front,
> which I
> gathered would cause problems with a Roadster's sloping hood.  I am
> fortunate
> that I have a good wrecking yard just a short distance from my home.
The