Re: Motor & transmission

To: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>, datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motor & transmission
From: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:45:11 -0700
Hey Andy, about that Quad 4... my neighbor told me that they do make a RWD trans
that will bolt up to it, as he was considering it for one of his hotrod
restorations, just to be different.  He understood that they can be modified to
produce some good power too, not that 180 is bad!  When I was looking for V6
motors for my wife's car I too strongly considered the SHO.  The biggest problem
I saw was that the intake would probably have to be cut into the firewall, and
draw cold air from the cowl vent (kinda cool though... cowl induction!).  Also,
that cool intake system they used makes the motor pretty tall up front, which I
gathered would cause problems with a Roadster's sloping hood.  I am fortunate
that I have a good wrecking yard just a short distance from my home.  The have
all kinds of engines pulled and on the shelf, and with a little begging they let
me go back and measure whatever I want and mill around looking at this and that.
Greg Burrows