Re: Beauty & Beast EI Distributors Round 2 - Plus

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beauty & Beast EI Distributors Round 2 - Plus
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:36:05 -0500
>The car is getting about 34 MPG.
>
>  and reported the car got 30-36 MPG at a consistant 75 mph.

My car gets about 2 miles per gallon.  It's amazing how much gas those
solexes can suck down at full throttle.  I use approximately three gallons
per autocross weekend.  The course is usually around 60 seconds.  With an
average of six runs on course that equals one gallon every two minutes.

At $5 per gallon for race gas on the high compression motor it can get quite
expensive.  I average about $15 per autocross on gas and about $40 per
autocross on tires.

I did notice a little better gas mileage with Gary's distributor.  I also
noticed that the points don't float at high rpm's.  This can be good or bad.
Before, I shifted gears when the points floated.  Now, it revs until the
bearings disintegrate.  I added a rev limiter to the dizzy to correct the
problem.

Andy