RE: Solex jet ident.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Solex jet ident.
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:52:47 -0700
Here's the basic layout of the Mikuni 40PHH and 44PHH carb:
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Mikuni_layout.jpg

What you are seeing is the 55 Pilot Jet and the 250 Main Air Jet. The Pilot
controls the first 20% of throttle opening. The Main Jet controls most of
the midrange operation, and the Main Air Jet fine-tunes the top end. Here
are a couple of pages I scanned from the Mikuni manual. Someone had these
out on the Web already but I can't find them right now.
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Mikuni_tuning_1.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Mikuni_tuning_2.jpg

A 55 Pilot is about right for a stock U20. The 250 Main Air seems a bit
large. I'm running a 190 Main Air and a 135 Main in mine (and I'm at sea
level here in Seattle). You'll need to pull the jet block to see what your
Main Jet is.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org