<OT> What have I done now? 56 Metro

To: <SPL311RDST@aol.com>, "Datsun list"
Subject: <OT> What have I done now? 56 Metro
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:02:35 -0800
Congrats!  I had one about a dozen years ago.  Very cute, very fun, and all
the reliability one would expect out of an Austin engine with Lucas
electrics.
But hey, it was adorable.
One problem to watch for is that our hood release did just that on the freeway
one day.  Not fun.  I recommend adding a chain or something as a positive
backup, as I've heard from others who had the same problem. I sold it to
someone who restores Austin Martins; he had a client who wanted to give it to
his wife for Christmas.  But: it had to be reliable and an automatic.  His
solution? Stick in a Datsun 210 drivetrain.  He redid the interior and body as
close to perfect as I've ever seen.  I think the body was so straight and
clean that it couldn't get wet anymore.
May you enjoy yours as we did ours.
Mark.
69RHD Fairlady2000
Bodega, CA
enroute to Sebastopol, CA as soon as I finish the house.