Re: <OT> What have I done now? 56 Metro

To: Bobby Rees <rrees@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: <OT> What have I done now? 56 Metro
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:16:58 -0600
Fear not, the Metro came with the BMC "B" series engine, not the "A".
At 1500cc displacement, it's the same unit as in the MGA.  The 1500
engine dropped into the midgets in '75 was the triumph Spitfire unit
(shudder).  I was just talking with Fisher Jones about The Metro thing
yesterday.  A Datsun J series motor is a direct bolt in swap, being a
licensed BMC B engine.

-Marc