Re: Paint colors

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Paint colors
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:43:07 -0600
> http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1998-porsche-pg01.jpg
> I picked 1998, and the card has a Guards Red listed

Good resource, Mark. I'm gonna hang on to that one. Steve, most auto paint
supply houses have all of the codes to mix virtually any OEM color, plus
they can match and/or custom mix colors for you.

If you do decide to go with a custom mix be sure to save the mixing info in
case you need to get more mixed at a later date. I'd have to dig up the
receipts to get an exact total, but I can tell you I spent around $1200 for
just the paint when I had the rear wheel wells on the '71 510 tubbed, the
rear bubble flares and the flared front fenders added and the whole thing
painted.

HTH,
Ron