RE: Brake Switch ?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Switch ?
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:32:05 -0700
The switch you are referring to is at the top of this diagram, where it says
"See Fig. 22" and it is the brake light switch. Notice the shape of the part
numbered 13.
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/47-1.gif

Now look at this diagram. The corresponding part is the whole assembly on
the left labeled "Brake Indicator SW." That one is the one you get on 68-70
cars, and it is a pressure differential switch that lights up the "OH SHIT!"
light on the dashboard as you suddenly discover that you have lost most of
your brakes. Of course, at that point, you'll be too busy to notice a stupid
little red light down in the cockpit.  ;-)
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/47-2.gif

So what's in Fig 22?
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/22-1.gif
No help at all.

I looked at the part numbers for some of this and the book is quite screwed
up in the figure numbering. But I believe the early block is called a 3-way
brake tube connector and the later one is a 5-way brake tube connector.

I can't find a listing anywhere for the early switch itself, though, for
sure. The closest I can come is a 46100-26001 which is listed as
"Switch-Brake Indicator (Tokico) (From Oct-67)" which implies the 68-70
cars.

Gordon