RE: Brake Switch ?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Switch ?
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:43:20 -0700
I also found that the positive power lead going into that hydraulic
switch is an excellent source to tap, for a wire connection to an
engine-bay light (identical to the ones for 240-Z's, you can get for
about 10 bucks). My engine-bay light is mounted on the top coil-bracket,
fits perfectly there. There are two wire posts on top of the hydraulic
switch. Test for the one connected wire having positive power, and
install a tap-wire connection for a light. Using the engine-bay light is
a good way of testing that you have solid power to the hydraulic switch.
The other wire lead on the hydraulic switch finds it's way to the rear
brake lights.

Fred - So.SF
'66 2L Lucy